12.01.2012

"Love To The Test" - Niki & The Dove

Love To The Test

Markus Lupfer sweater / Antonio Berardi skirt / Rochas heels / J.Crew handbag / J.Crew necklace / Bottega Veneta ring / Love To The Test


I have been dying to dedicate a post to this song for months. I fell in love with this song the moment I heard it, which is very apropos since the chorus of this song involves "the first time I saw you, I saw you/I thought baby can I hold you". "Love To The Test" has such a cool eighties vibe that I just cannot get enough of, and the message is so great: being overcome with love at first sight, not being able to hold back any longer, but asking the new love if he's really ready for her.

This is the look of that impulsive, passionate woman. Bold, with nothing held back and a clear message sent. I love the graphic lips on this Markus Lupfer sweater, and I didn't want to play it safe with the rest of the ensemble. So. Glitter maxi, chunky heels, bauble ring with a costume-inspired necklace, and a bright bag. 

The accessories are a bit dreamy, because I think the wearer is a bit dreamy. She's someone that says yes to the idea of love at first sight. She takes risks. She wears a full-on glitter maxi skirt with a loose sweater, which means she's wearing it casually, which is not for the fainthearted. 

Listen to the song here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!