1.31.2011

"Young at Heart" - Landon Pigg



Young at Heart




For Christmas a couple years ago, my grandmother gave me a small pewter jewelry box with some pieces from her vast collection that she wanted to me to have. I was thrilled to accept the jewelry, but what has remained more special to me is the cotton lining inside the jewelry box - it smells just like my Grandma's perfume. I will never throw that piece of cotton away, and anytime I'm feeling homesick I open the box and remember summers in South Dakota at Grandma's. She taught me how to dress up and apply makeup and I've always admired her sense of style. She's sort of the inspiration behind this look, although it would require a great deal more pink for her to wear it. And higher heels. 

Wide leg trousers are all over the spring runways, and I couldn't be happier. A throwback to the 70's while remaining relevant and classic all at the same time, I think they can be worn so many ways. While some may find the silhouette to be risky, I argue that if you find the right fit and style it appropriately you can absolutely own the look. I wanted to revamp an "old soul" look, and felt that Landon Pigg's cover of Frank Sinatra's "Young at Heart" was the perfectly appropriate song to match this look. 

Listen to Landon Pigg's version here.
Balenciaga knitwear MINT
415 GBP - matchesfashion.com
Balenciaga cardigans »
Lafon Blouse
$395 - 25park.com
By Malene Birger blouses »
Joanna classic oxford
$225 - loefflerrandall.com
Leather oxfords »
Miu Miu Leather satchel
$1,695 - net-a-porter.com
Pocket tote »
Utility Belt
$48 - anntaylor.com
Ann Taylor belts »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!