2.03.2011

"Ribbon Bows" - Joshua James

Ribbon Bows

I was once asked how I felt about unrequited love, whether it was romantic or foolish. I chose foolish. I mean, sure, the idea is romantic, but when you are the holder of said unrequited love, it is consuming and doesn't make any sense and is the absolute worst. But despite knowing that it's hopeless and terrible feeling, you can't let it go. Because at the same time it's exhilarating and fun and beautiful.

I love Joshua James for his simple, melancholy sound. This song makes me think of unconditional, unrequited love and this is the look I pair with that feeling. Everything has been drained and exhausted, but it's still lovely - in a bittersweet sort of way. You feel like a little girl, even though you know better than to harbor such feelings. You simply wait for something to change.

Listen to the song here.

Ribbon Bows
Salt Lake Pretty Dress
$53 - modcloth.com
Print dresses »
Top soie Tara Jarmon Femme - Boutique en ligne Tara Jarmon
230 EUR - tara-jarmon.placedestendances.com
Tara Jarmon tops »
Sweater - Bohemian
57 EUR - modekungen.se
Bohemian tops »
French Connection Bow Headband
32 GBP - additionsdirect.co.uk
Hair bows accessories »
Nude Bow Belt
6 GBP - missselfridge.com
Miss Selfridge belts »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!