2.01.2011

"Snowfall" - Ingrid Michaelson

Snowfall

I'm from Minnesota. I've lived here for most of my life. So you can imagine my impatience when I hear everyone else in the country whine about snow. Sure, sure, they're not used to it so it's extra scary and they're unprepared I guess, but it is in my blood to order them to suck it up. Internally, of course. I never actually say the words to anyone out loud, because I don't want to get into an argument about who has worse weather, you know? It's a lame argument. And whoever wins actually loses.

Having gone to school in Chicago, many of my Facebook friends are still there, so my newsfeed today has been absolutely flooded with complaints, quips, and puns about the snow they've been receiving over the last 24 hours. Plus, I was awoken by the sound of a snowplow tearing up the lot behind my building this morning (immediately below my window that my head is next to, mind you), so it's completely natural and appropriate that today's post is dedicated to our wintery foe that is snow (I am a poet because that rhymed).


One of the things I love about Ingrid Michaelson is that she has songs that sound Christmas-y, but are actually just metaphors that involve winter, so I feel like I can indulge my crazy love of Christmas carols without feeling too crazy about it. The song "Snowfall" is simple and pretty, as is her style. I find myself sinking as I listen to it - sitting on a couch with a giant blanket gazing outside during a soft snowfall. It brings me back to when I was little and spent 90% of my days playing pretend and imagining when I would be in love. So it only makes sense that the focal point of this look is a Dior Girls dress. I make the look slightly more mature with an over-sized LOVE sweatshirt by Wildfox and some delightfully grown up Jeffrey Campbell wedges. Some knit accessories complete the outfit for a look that is effortlessly dreamy yet comfortable.


Listen to the song here.

Snowfall
Ruffle Slouch Sock
$16 - freepeople.com
Knitted socks »
Jeffrey Campbell WEDNESDAY
$135 - solestruck.com
Wedge shoes »
SCARF
59 GBP - bruunsbazaar.com
Silk shawl »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!