2.27.2011

"Kiss With A Fist" - Florence and the Machine

studly

Tough girl chic - a look that says "Do not mess with me unless you're looking to have your face stepped on by my [literally] killer stilettos, but also, don't I looking bangin'?" Contradictory, sure. Though that's not necessarily the intent.  The intent is to look fabulous and strong. Knowing who you are and owning your independence. 


I hesitate to love Florence and the Machine's "Kiss with a Fist", since the message is, essentially, that it's better to be in an abusive relationship than no relationship at all. But I don't think that's all it's about. I think it's about owning one's independence. Knowing that you have full control of your life and your choices, which is something that I wholeheartedly believe. It's about getting what you want and taking no prisoners. It's a more violent take on that philosophy, sure, but I can't help but love the hard guitar and drums.


Listen to the song here.

studly 
Chloé satin cocktail dress
$3,085 - net-a-porter.com
Burberry Prorsum double breasted jacket
2,195 GBP - net-a-porter.com
Heel boot
340 EUR - modekungen.se
Emilio Pucci leather handbag
755 GBP - harveynichols.com
Ashley Pittman studded bracelet
$395 - bergdorfgoodman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!