1.16.2012

"Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye

Somebody That You Used To Know

Have you guys heard this song by Gotye? Have you seen the incredible video? This has quickly become my new favorite song, and Gotye's album, Making Mirrors, has been played on repeat while I'm at work. My only complaint is that I'm just now discovering this fantastic artist. But now that I have, it's only fitting that I pay him tribute with a new outfit!


This is a breakup song, but one of those awesome "good riddance" breakup songs that you sing along to once you've realized you're much better off without him. With that in mind, I thought it best to style this look based on a sexy, look-what-you're-missing dress. I didn't want it to be that simple, however. It's too easy to just do a sexy red dress and some killer stillettos. I want to add a bit more character, so I chose a more twee version of a sexy red dress (put a bird on it!), some cutesy Alex and Chloe heart earrings, and an adorably chic Marc Jacobs clutch. Then, to toughen it up and make the sex appeal undeniable, I included the DSquared stilettos and Alexander Wang leather jacket.


I would kill to accidentally run into an ex in this outfit, and I would have this song playing in my head as I did.

1 comment:

  1. u are right, the video is great! and so is this red dress :)

    xx, Sabinna and David

    ReplyDelete

Oh, hello. Share what you think!