12.11.2011

"Gangsta" - tUnE-yArDs

Gangsta

Proenza Schouler is fantastic, is it not? It never ceases to amaze me how they can come up with these mesmerizing and innovative patterns season after season. These pants are like the chic lady-version of Zoombas, and I totally mean that as a compliment. I didn't want to upstage the pants (as if that's even possible), so I tried to keep the rest of the outfit understated without being boring. The simple and classic Givenchy flats were perfect, and the Burberry Prorsum blouse has exquisite shoulder detail, and I rarely say no to a strong shoulder. 

As I was putting this look together, I couldn't help but get the tUnE-yArDs song "Gangsta" in my head. I recently had the opportunity to see the tUnE-yArDs live, sort of on a whim, and I'm so glad I did. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Merrill Garbus, the woman behind the band, has such and incredible energy and her ability to write and perform such unique songs is really something to see. I think "innovative" was I word I used to describe her as well, because her drumming and vocal stylings and overall melodies are unlike anything I'd heard before. It's only natural, then, that she get matched to these remarkable pants.


Listen to the song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!