12.07.2011

"Kiss That Grrrl" - Kate Nash

Kiss That Grrrrl

So this Lela Rose skirt is the best, right? I cannot possibly imagine a more perfect skirt. The layers! The colors! Just the best. The absolute girliest skirt of all time ever. I saw this and immediately had to create a look around it, but I couldn't go totally girly; it needed some edge. Enter skull scarf and Alexander McQueen skull clutch.

That's how I feel about Kate Nash's "Kiss That Grrrl". I remember the first time I heard this song, how I thought it was positively delicious. I mean, the title alone gives a less-than-subtle hint at its ferocity. It's the less obvious version of "Before He Cheats", and it doesn't take long to get past the retro-inspired beat to hear lyrics that explicitly warn "kiss that girl/and I will shrink up/and I will die/and I will think up/a thousand ways/that I can hurt you/and you will never touch my hand". 

I think if I owned this outfit I would constantly twirl and bounce and adorably threaten my boyfriend to never even think of looking at another girl.

Here is the song
VPL crop top
$133 - lagarconne.com

Lela Rose full skirt
£3,665 - net-a-porter.com

Lanvin wedge shoes
$896 - kirnazabete.com

Alexander McQueen pink handbag
£1,345 - matchesfashion.com

TopShop scarve
$45 - topshop.com

TopShop bow glove
$36 - topshop.com

Thierry Lasry brown shades
£290 - brownsfashion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!