12.08.2011

"Go Do"- Jónsi

Go Do

It's nice to have that rush of energy hit during winter, when it's so easy to get bogged down with the short days, frigid weather, and grayscale wardrobes. Not to knock the gray on gray look, it's very chic, but a little color never hurt.

Pantone just released its Spring 2012 Fashion Color Trend Report, and Tangerine Tango was the top color for the season. I couldn't be happier. Winter is really starting to hit hard and I can't think of a better to way to start looking forward to spring. The color is so fresh and inspiring and makes me think of swimming and riding my bike and taking naps on the beach of Lake Calhoun. 

Anything that makes me think of summer is my favorite thing. Swimsuits? My favorite. Sunglasses? Favorite. Watermelon? MY FAVORITE. Some music selections have a tendency to remind me of summer as well, and one album in particular that does so is Jónsi's 2010 debut solo album "Go". The first release from the album, "Go Do", was played on repeat in my car when it first came out last year, and the mile a minute pacing and enthusiastic woodwinds always put a smile on my face. I thought it would be the perfect match to this mega-cheery ensemble. 


Listen to the song here.



H M flare dress
£30 - hm.com

Senso shoes
$175 - solestruck.com

Reed krakoff handbag
$490 - net-a-porter.com

Kenneth Jay Lane gold plated jewelry
$75 - net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, hello. Share what you think!